the holiday

For a recap of how we survived a near monsoon on Saturday, click the banner:

‘Brother Joe’ and family came for a visit this weekend. We had a great time. We don’t see them often enough, honestly. They live in the Raliegh area, which is a 14 hour drive from here. And my niece plays very competitve soccer, so more often than not, they aren’t even home. they’re traveling from soccer pitch to soccer pitch watching my niece be awesome.

Friday was the 4th and we decided to spend that day down at the Rivermarket instead of going to the lake with everyone else.

Our visit downtown started off a little rocky because we had the kids with us. The only places that seemed to be open were Bar/Restaurants. Arkansas passed a law that states you can smoke indoors if you do not allow anyone under 21 into your establishment. Well, that’s all fine and good when other places are open. We were hungry and frankly, we need a place to eat quick, fast, and in a hurry. We finally found Gusano’s was opened…it’s a pizza place. My SIL and Niece aren’t big pizza eaters, but they had other things on the menu. The most important thing was that minors could eat there. The 2nd most important thing: they had beer available.

Guasano’s was ill-prepared for the 4th family crowd and only had 2 waitresses who were doing it all. I even joked about jumping behind the bar and slinging drinks. One of the waitresses looked at me with hope in her eyes…but I didn’t do it. Their management team should be smacked silly for their lack of prep.

The food was good, even if it did take longer than it should’ve. After lunch, we walked along the river, the kids got airbrushed tattoos and we visited the Clinton Presidential Libary. We left as a storm rolled in. (wish we would’ve had that luck on Saturday.)

That night, we were going to take the kids back to the river to see the fireworks, but they weren’t interested. So we left them to their own devices (I love having teens) and we adults grabbed a cab and headed back downtown…to Willy D’s, a dueling piano bar. Much fun was had that night. Maybe too much fun. Either way, it was another late night downtown and when I woke up on Saturday, I was hoarse from all the singing. Pictures were taken that night…but not by me. I’ll have to track those down though, cuz all photo evidence of that night must be pre-approved by me before posting. LOL

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s