UPDATE: I’m back over at FCR today. Come by for a visit.
The song I woke up with in my head this morning was Wham! Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go (You’re welcome)
I’m glad this week is over. Work was good and my brain is almost back to normal after Monday’s writing-palooza. FWIW, it apparently takes 4 days for a brain to solidify again after overuse liquefies it. I’m not sure how much of my brain leaked out of my ears, but I feel pretty normal, so whatever I lost must’ve been some of that ‘unused’ bit.
I caught up on LOST. It’s been a great season so far. And I’m still in love with Sawyer. He really does get the best lines.
I’m also in
love with heat over Gordon Ramasy of Hell’s Kitchen. First of all, he’s a ginger (I do believe I’ve established I have a weakness for such things?) Secondly, there is something about that man’s filthy mouth and angry outbursts that just gives me goosebumps. The man turns me on, what can I say.
My Thursday Girls took me to dinner last night to celebrate my brain being solid again. I tried Mango Vodka and Tonic. Holy Potato Juice was it good. Seriously, I thought I was in love with Mandarin Vodka? No. That wasn’t love, that was intense admiration. And Mandarin Vodka and I will always have a very special relationship. But Mango Vodka won my heart last night. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Have y’all got big plans this weekend? It’s going to be gorgeous here. I’m going to be doing some writing, but I also plan to get out of the house some. I went back to the gym Wednesday, which felt great, even though my workout was shit…I’m going today, and I’m going to get the hell out tomorrow and run.
Have a great weekend!
A couple of new items have been added to my 40 at 40 list.
- Run a 10K
- Train for and run a half-marathon
- Get a tattoo
- Visit a place I’ve never been before
- Get waxed (Legs, pits and um…yeah. I’m gonna go there. All the way there. That will be some blog…)
- Meet with a financial planner
- See a professional (insert sport here) game
- See Staind in concert
- See Springsteen in concert (now that I’ve been properly recruited into his
cultfanclub. However, I really shouldn’t add this to my list because I’m afraid that my recruiter’s ego can’t handle another stroke) ETA: am worried this won’t happen this year unless he adds some fall dates…will add it to next year’s list if need be.
- Lose 2 sizes
- Buy myself a nice piece of jewelry
- Get a passport
- Visit NY (yes, this could also be the “visit a place I’ve never been before,” but NY deserves its own line)
- Skinny dip in the ocean
- Go deep sea fishing
- Teach my son how to drive a stick
- Take a shot (or 2) of Patron (in the comfort and safety of friends who can handle Mel-on-Tequila. Have never had Patron but have been assured by many that it will change my life. It will definitely change the life of the people who witness this event, I can promise you that.)
- Take an unplanned road trip
- Take up SLR photography again
- Write a short story or novella (never done this, dunno if I can!)
- Go camping in the mountains
- Plant a new gardenia bush
- Steal a summer kiss at sunset
- Take a winter vacation somewhere snowy
- Face time with each of my out-of-state friends
- Try at least 1 type of new (to me) food
- Go golfing
- Write a letter
- Have a book launch party 😀
- Grow my hair out for 1 year
- Find a Flamingo Pez dispenser or convince Pez to make one.
- Schedule speaking events at schools in the fall
- Finish this list (for Marcus)