This morning, I was struggling for a blog topic. I’m not sure if it was my restless sleep last night or my foggy head this morning, but I just couldn’t come up with anything.But then I drove Rader to school and a few things popped into my head.
So here goes. This isn’t a meme. It’s just a Me.
Things you probably didn’t know about Mel.
- If I have cash, I tend to give money to the homeless guys begging at stoplights. This usually happens about once a month (I rarely carry cash). I truly believe they need that $5 more than I do and if they’re scam artists, good for them—I’d rather not know. It takes courage to stand there for the world to judge you. I don’t care if they use my cash on food, booze, drugs, or cigarettes. They have a need and I can help them, even if it’s only a buck. Rader is usually in the car with me when I give money. I always feel bad when I don’t have any cash and he always tells me that he has some cash if I want to go home and bring it back.
- Sometimes a song will make my heart hurt.
- I didn’t know what I wanted to do with my life until I was 30 years old. If you have a kid who is wandering from path to path, don’t give up! (I have a kid who is going to do the same thing I did. I hate that for him, but I totally understand him.)
- I hate panty lines and think there is no excuse for having them.
- It only takes me 30-40 minutes to get ready in the morning. Shower, shave, hair, makeup, clothes.
- I don’t wear a lot of makeup. I wear mineral foundation, mascara, lip gloss or tinted Chapstick. Occasionally I’ll wear eyeliner. Evening makeup is a light eye shadow and lipstick.
- I wear flip-flops almost year around.
- I don’t think that teaching abstinence and birth control/safe sex are mutually exclusive and I don’t understand how parents in this day and age can justify NOT talking to their kids about safe sex. As a matter of fact, I talk about sex so much to my kids that I’m pretty sure they’ll never have sex because of it. *SCORE*
- I don’t understand why people start off with “No offense but…” People need to own their opinions. And they need to learn how to express them properly without the “No offense” padding.
- If I had a choice between sports and a girly thing like a baby shower or wedding shower, sports will always win. (I will sacrifice that for my BFFs. Mainly because they wouldn’t torture me with stupid games.)
- I used to drink 6-10 Diet Cokes or Coke Zeros a day. Now I have maybe 2or 3 a month (except when on deadline). And those usually have bourbon in them. Or vanilla vodka. Heh.
- I am planning to buy a pair of red cowboy boots this year.
- I’m really excited about getting my tattoo soon. I can’t wait to show you guys!