I turn 40 this year. That’s a pretty momentous occasion so I’m going to ring in this decade with style.
I’ve decided to rip off a friend of mine who did a “50 at 50” list and make myself a list of 40 things to do at 40 but I need your help because I don’t know if I can come up with 40 things. Here’s what I’ve got so far:
39 year old Mel–>
40 at 40
- Run a 10K
- Train for and run a half-marathon
- Get a tattoo
- Visit a place I’ve never been before
- Get waxed (Legs, pits and um…yeah. I’m gonna go there. All the way there. That will be some blog…)
- Meet with a financial planner
- See a professional (insert sport here) game
- See Staind in concert
- See Springsteen in concert (now that I’ve been properly recruited into his
cultfanclub. However, I really shouldn’t add this to my list because I’m afraid that my recruiter’s ego can’t handle another stroke)
- Lose 2 sizes
- Buy myself a nice piece of jewelry
- Get a passport
- Visit NY (yes, this could also be the “visit a place I’ve never been before,” but NY deserves its own line)
- Skinny dip in the ocean
- Go deep sea fishing
- Teach my son how to drive a stick
- Take a shot (or 2) of Patron (in the comfort and safety of friends who can handle Mel-on-Tequila. Have never had Patron but have been assured by many that it will change my life. It will definitely change the life of the people who witness this event, I can promise you that.)
- Take an unplanned road trip (although does putting that on my list make it a plan?)
- Get a housekeeper (at least once a month)
- Take up SLR photography again
- Write a short story or novella (never done this, dunno if I can!)
- Go camping in the mountains
- Plant a new gardenia bush
- Steal a summer kiss at sunset
- Take a winter vacation somewhere snowy
- Face time with each of my out-of-state friends
- Try at least 1 type of new (to me) food
- Go golfing (took lessons a few years ago but never made it to a golf course)
- Write a letter (not an email, a letter. To a friend or a family member. Someone who will appreciate the effort and hopefully someone who can decipher my chicken scratch.)
- Have a book launch party 😀
- Finish this list (for Marcus)
Okay, I’m only at 30, but if I complete THIS list, I think I’ll be doing pretty damn well. What do you think? Have any suggestions?
Pingback: updating a list | Bitchin' Fiction
Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say
that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!
Hmm is anyone else encountering problems with the pictures on
this blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog.
Any responses would be greatly appreciated.