My week with Simon is almost over. It’s been a laid back time, no real late nights like before when he and Grant were here together. Which is good. As much as I wished both lads were here together, part of me is equally happy to get them one at a time. A: I couldn’t keep up with the two of them now that school is back B: It gives me some quality time with them alone. Good lads. Both of them.
15 things I learned from a Brummie:
1. There is no such thing as too much Mountain Dew.
2. SpagBol is short for spaghetti bolognese.
3. Strawberry Jam sandwiches are good any time of the day or night.
4. Snickers bars are no replacement for Mars Bars.
5. Birds are girls
6. Pulling a bird has nothing to do with turkey legs.
7. American women (even proper girls) will do almost anything for an English/Scottish accent. Even a Brummie accent.
8. Chips are fries. Crisps are chips.
9. Wet willies are the best torture device ever.
10. You can’t be a cock without being cocky. But you can be cocky without being a cock.
11. The weapons of mass destruction are located wherever he goes.
12. The best way to pull a bird is to make her laugh. (which I thought was a closely guarded secret by us birds, but he’s figured it out)
13. Y’all is the most terrible word ever. *rolling eyes*
14. Family is everything to him.
15. Even if “Brummie” is the worst accent in the world, I’ll always have a soft spot in my heart for it.