Hidy Ho!

Boy I’m glad it’s Wednesday! I have a dinner date tonight with two very dear friends and I think it will be a dandy time.

Especially since I’m not the one cooking. 🙂

Speaking of cooking…I grilled some mean chicken last night. Mmmmm. I love grilling on Big Bertha. Charcoal is the only way to go…unfortunately, (or maybe fortunately) when I’m finished grilling, I smell like campfire. I guess the level of goodness depends on how outdoorsy you are. If you like camping, then I was your girl last night. Hah.

Rader is headed out to North Carolina for a soccer tournament. I’m sad I can’t be there, but I know he’s gonna kick some major butt.

Happy Humpday, or Wine Wednesday, or however you choose to celebrate the middle of the week!

weekend stuffs

Ugh. So Rader’s last soccer tournament for the season is this weekend. Naturally he has a game that starts at 8:30 AFREAKINGM. Seriously? I mean, c’mon guys… somebody really hates me.

But I’ll survive. Somehow. (caffeine and sweatshirts)

There will be some more yard stuff to be done this weekend, because next weekend we will be at the tower house on the lake having a great time with good friends.

Last night was the first really cold night, and I woke this morning sandwiched between a vice grip of animals. Trin and Ruby were pressed against my legs and Bobcat Greyskull was purring on my shoulder. I couldn’t move…mainly because I didn’t want to. But then my arm started to fall asleep and I had to interrupt their peaceful slumber. Not really. I moved, they didn’t.

Have a great weekend y’all.

I was trying to be pissy, but now I can’t be. Thanks, Tony Harrington.

I woke up this morning full of hate and discontent. Seriously. Like, my sparkle was actually a flamethrower of bitterness and anger.

So naturally, I posted on FB that I would not be shining today. At all.

And then that damn Tony Harrington had to go and ruin my bad mood by being all sweet. You see, he’s a fellow writer here in Little Rock and he did an interview (which you should go read) and he said the nicest thing ever about me and now I can’t really be pissy anymore.

“I live in Little Rock, Arkansas. I moved here from Baltimore, MD and I thought I could kiss the writing scene goodbye. But I am lucky to have found that there is a thriving art scene in the city and beyond. I have met and become friends with some wonderful writers and journalists within the city. Melissa Francis who writes the awesome YA books “Bite Me” and “Love Sucks” is a beautiful human being who is witty, charming, 100% awesome.”

Fine. I’ll be in a good mood now, but I’m not gonna like it. Thanks, Tony. You’re swell. Like really, really swell.

Come on Friday!

I have a new Razorback dress that I will be wearing in Oxford this weekend.

I can’t wait to see all my friends and for some fantastic tailgating. The party will start early since it’s an 11:00 game. We’ll be there early Friday so if anyone wants to do lunch and possibly stop off at LuLu’s for some shoe shopping…let me know!

and then it was Thursday.

I get my hairs did today which is fabulous. I need to spice up the day-glo red. I also need to cover the dull and graying roots.(shhh. that’s our little secret)

Tonight, El Jefe and I are heading to the Arkansas Repertory Theatre to see The Second City perform! yay!

Other than that, I got nuttin’ honey. Well, I’m in a great mood and feeling kind of silly. Also I look really cute today all the way up to my neck. After 2:00, it will be a completed cute. Right now, I need a brown bag to cover the face and hair. haha.

Maybe even 2 bags.

BLOOD RIGHTS release day!

It’s been a long time coming for my friend Kitteh (aka Kristen Painter) but release day has finally arrived for the first book her a much anticipated House of Comarré series. Go forth and purchase. Here, I’ll help you with links:


BLOOD RIGHTS: Barnes and Noble


Born into a life of secrets and service, Chrysabelle’s body bears the telltale marks of a comarr — a special race of humans bred to feed vampire nobility. When her patron is murdered, she becomes the prime suspect, which sends her running into the mortal world…and into the arms of Malkolm, an outcast vampire cursed to kill every being from whom he drinks.

Now, Chrysabelle and Malkolm must work together to stop a plot to merge the mortal and supernatural worlds. If they fail, a chaos unlike anything anyone has ever seen will threaten to reign.  

happy tuesday

Rader has da foozball tonight. I’m hoping it’s a good game. You know, one where the coaches actually let the kids play and the refs don’t blow their damn whistles every 2 seconds making an 8 minute quarter last 35 minutes. Or more. Gah! They are in middle school. This is not college game day. Let the boys play ball!

Gooby Ruby is feeling a little under the weather and that makes me sad. I’m going to check her out at lunch today and if she’s not any better, it’s off to the vet we go.

THIS made me LOLOL. It’s funny because it’s true.

Source: polyvore.com via Mel on Pinterest

Hope y’all have a great day. I plan to.

in like a lion, out like an eskimo

Damn it’s cold for March 31. But the good news is, I just saw the sun! Now we have a 60% chance of rain today, but…BUT…that means we have a 40% chance of sun. And if I had a 40% chance of winning the lottery, guess who would be buying a ticket?

Check this out. I think my horoscope today told me to stop daydreaming. WTF? It of all things should know taht is impossible for a fishy girl like me…

The Moon’s current visit to dreamy Pisces places a veneer of glamour on even the most ordinary experiences. But don’t fall prey to believing your senses now, for that strategy only works if you’re able to maintain a healthy perspective. Mixing up objective reality with subjective thoughts is great for writing poetry, but not so good for mapping out your future reality.

Healthy perspective! Bwahahahahahaha!