The holidays are always full of cheer, but I decided to make a list of things that make me happy year around. In no particular order:
- Hot coffee first thing in the morning.
- ABBA, Bee Gees, and Donna Summer
- My boys’ goofy laughs
- Fishdog’s sense of humor.
- The number 897
- Phone calls from my BFFs
- Emails from long-lost friends
- Ruby (see picture. How could that face not make you happy?)
- Boston Legal (Why is this the last season??), Patrick Jane, How I Met Your Mother
- Maker’s Mark
- Diamond Bear Beer
- The Beach
- The smell of fresh honeysuckle, new money, and puppy breath.
- Dirty Dancing (the movie, not the activity. Though I don’t mind a good dirty dance every once in a while.) The Replacements, American President, Robin Hood Men in Tights.
Of course, that’s not a complete list, but it’s a good start. What about you? What can you think of, turn on, or look at that instantly lifts your spirits?
Yesterday was a writing bust because I spent the majority of the day deciphering my son’s microscopic handwriting and then last night, I taught him how to properly edit his research paper. I was cross-eyed by the time it was over. Today will be a different story.