Here’s a confession. In general, I don’t like musicals. Naturally there are a few exceptions such as Grease, Mamma Mia, The Sound of Music, Dr. Horrible’s Sing-a-long Blog…but mostly, if people are bursting into song in the middle of a movie, my ears start to bleed.
This weekend, El Jefe was a little distraught over the fact I had never seen West Side Story, so when it popped up on the TV guide, we watched.
Well, I can check that movie off my bucket list. (not that it was ever on it, but still. I’ve seen it now.)
And what did I think of it?
- Natalie Wood and Rita Moreno looked beautiful.
- I would wear every single dress in the movie.
- I detest Natalie Wood’s singing voice.
- Bernardo looked like he was made of cheese and spray paint.
- There is nothing sexy about being a Jet or a Shark. Snapping ain’t cool, daddy-o.
Okay, I can say I’m glad I’ve seen the movie, but I can also say, it did not win me over…
And now you know why I can’t stand Glee…
PS: I’m working on my Bachelor recap for Hey Don’t Judge Me! it should be up this afternoon….